Pages

10/28/10

Custom framing on the cheap

My original plan was to share all the Halloween decorating I've done for the big day and also for the girls' birthday party we're having the following weekend.  But, seeing as how the main computer is hanging with the Geek Squad and ALL the photos I took are on there... I opted for plan B.

When I was cupcakifying the kitchen a few months ago, I was trying to figure out how to do it without spending much. I had a photo and small photo tag from here, two original ACEO's from here (she also happens to be my friend and I even won this from her blog!!), these and this.  I had a TON of frames in the house and my trusty can of black spray paint, but none of the frames were the right size...  So instead of getting new frames or spending money on mats, I dug through my scrapbook paper stash and found some to match each piece I wanted to frame.  Simply cut the paper to size and taped the piece in the center, and VOILA!  I have custom framed art to sprinkle all over my kitchen!