Pages

11/27/10

Wreath redo 2.0

YAY!  I actually finished (mostly) my wreath make overs!  Here's a little before and after...

before


after #1 - using the decorations

I took everything off the grapevine wreath and grabbed my thrift store hay wreath.  I cut strips of hot pink fabric and wrapped the wreath, using straight pins to secure the fabric as I went.  Then I hot glued my Target $1 spot, glittery ornaments and the pine cones (from the original wreath, before the before shot) on.  I added a couple more of my fabric flowers, a few bows I made from ribbon and the filled in with some greenery (also from the original wreath).  I used up pretty much all my glue sticks on the next wreath so I ended up using straight pins for the flowers, bows and greenery.  I like it so much better now.  I have it hung from purple ribbon right now, but I think that needs some tweaking.



after #2 - using the wreath

Now that I had a naked grapevine wreath, I grabbed my over sized acorn thingys and my hot glue gun and went to town.  It took and INSANE amount of glue sticks to get this thing covered!  After the glue dried, I took it outside and gave it a very light coating of ivory spray paint.  I LOVE how this came out!  It need a bow, but I haven't decided on color and how or where I want to add it.  I'm thinking I want to keep this wreath on the all year long and just change the bow according to the season.  Any suggestions??