Pages

12/8/10

Wordful Wednesday - warmth

I wish the weather would make up it's mind here.  It's cold, then it warms up and then it's cold again.  No wonder we keep getting sick.  Well, yesterday was one of the cold days.  It looked gloomy and cold out, so we decided that after M got home from school we needed to have some hot chocolate!  This isn't just any old hot chocolate, it's the bestest EVER!


Being the foodie that I am, a packet of stuff you mix with some hot water just wasn't going to cut it.  I came up with this recipe based on how I remember my Momma making it and a couple recipes I saw online.  Don't you love those marshmallows??  They are gingerbread flavored and I found them at Wal-Mart!

The Bestest Hot Chocolate EVER

1/3 c cocoa powder
1/4 c sugar
pinch of salt
2 c milk
1 c cream
1tsp vanilla

Whisk all ingredients in a saucepan over medium low heat until the sugar and cocoa have dissolved and the mixture is steaming.  Top with marshmallows, whipped cream or a little splash of something more "grown up" (Rumplemintz would be lovely!).