Pages

2/7/11

{Love}ly

I've had my mantel decorated for about a week now, but more than a few day of clouds and gloom kept me from being able to get some photos. Well, there was lots of sun yesterday so I grabbed the camera!

I wanted to keep things fairly simple, since it looked pretty manic at Christmas! I used some pink ribbon on my sheet music wreaths. Our shadow portrait, letter "P" and vintage camera are permanent fixtures.

On the left is my thrift apothecary and some pieced together (glass and candlesticks) containers. I put some heart shaped marshmallows in the apothecary. Then red and silver chippy Christmas balls in one container, floral "berries" and a paper heart in the other.

On the right is a yarn ball topiary (one of 2), my eighteen25 subway art and a little hobnail milk glass creamer (we've got LOADS of milk glass that belonged to the hubs' Mema).

I made an xoxo banner with dollar store paper doilies and letter and hearts that I cut by hand (I can't seem to win any of the Silhouette giveaways I enter), and strung it on some red and white bakers twine.

I didn't get a close up of it, but there's a little wood tattoo style wooden heart that says true love (60 cents at Michaels) hanging from some polka dot ribbon in the center of the banner. Here's the wide shot one more time.


There's one day left to enter my necklace giveaway. I'll be announcing the winner and a special sale in my shop tomorrow! **giveaway is now closed**