Pages

2/9/11

For the LOVE of marshmallows

I'm all about a good competition!  When I found out about Dessert Wars I knew I was gonna play along!  A competition involving sweets... YES PLEASE!

The theme for this month is dark chocolate and hearts, it's the month of love after all!!  I've been obsessed with the idea of making marshmallows lately.  I've heard they are relatively easy and taste much better than store bought.  I decided upon Alton Brown's recipe and made a few adjustments to get creative with the flavors.  I used brewed coffee in place of the water and then swirled in some melted dark chocolate (I like to use a mix of Ghirardelli 60% and Hershey's Special Dark chips).  After they set, I cut them with a heart shaped cookie cutter and dunked half in more of the melted dark chocolate.  Just for fun I added a little red sugar heart!



All the rumors are true... These are WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than store bought!  They are pretty simple to make, but kinda messy!

Here's a little rundown of the prizes to be had: