Pages

1/12/11

Wordful Wednesday - lunch

I get recipes from allrecipes delivered to my email daily. It's always nice to get new food ideas!  Not everything that comes across sounds good, but when I saw this one , I decided to give it a try. I made some modifications, cause I'm not one to follow recipes to the letter. I know, I'm a rebel! They way I made it, it takes a little bit more prep time, but it's really good!


Black-Eyed Pea Salad (with tuna)

Ingredients:
1 bag dried black-eyed peas
1 cup dehydrated sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1 4oz package of crumbled feta
1 can tuna, drained
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (regular balsamic is fine)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1tbsp honey
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cook black-eyed peas according to package directions. Put half of the cooked peas in a bowl (save the other half for another recipe). Cover the sun-dried tomatoes with enough boiling water to cover and allow to soften (about 3 minutes). Drain, cut into strips and put in bowl with peas. Add the onion, feta and tuna. in a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, drizzle over the salad and gently toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

Notes: You can use canned black-eyed peas (just drain and rinse first). The tuna is optional if you want this to be a side dish (or don't like tuna).