Pages

6/3/11

Tastes like summer to me!

So, I'm pretty sure I'm the worst blogger EVER!  It's been WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long since my last post.  I just don't seem to have the time (or energy, for that matter) to do anything after work.  The weekends are filled with laundry, grocery shopping and various other runnings around.  I think I need at least 2 more hours in my day.  Enough ranting, though...

It's summer here for sure!  Temps in the 90's-100's, ac working overtime... So what could be better than some lemonade??  How about watermelon, strawberry lemonade AND pineapple, strawberry lemonade!!!!!  I got a Juice Man Jr at an estate sale last year for $10, but you could totally use a blender.


Watermelon, Strawberry Lemonade / Pineapple, Strawberry Lemonade

1/4 of a large watermelon, chunked / 1 pineapple, chunked
1 pt of strawberries
5 small lemons
1 C water
1/4 C simple syrup

Juicer - Juice the watermelon/pineapple and strawberries and strain into your serving container.  Juice the lemons and add to container.  Stir in the water and simple syrup.  Chill and stir again before serving.

Blender - Blend the watermelon/pineapple, strawberries and water and strain into your serving container.  Juice the lemons and add to container.  Stir in the water and simple syrup.  Chill and stir again before serving.

Both versions are AMAZING!  The pineapple version makes quite a bit less, but feel free to just double all your ingredients!


I'll be linking up at a few of these spots!

           
    Visit thecsiproject.com    Show and Tell Green   
Catch a Glimpse Button         Photobucket    
The Girl Creative    CreativeShareWednesdays    mmm button    A Little Knick Knack