Pages

5/18/11

Wordful Wednesday - cake

Cake... It's why I bake cupcakes.  Don't get me wrong, I like a nice slice of cake now and again.  So long as I don't have to bake it!  Cakes, for me, generally come out bad.  They either don't come out of the pans in one piece or look like a lopsided mess after I frost them.  I must've had some good baking ju-ju this weekend though!  Both layers released perfectly from their pans and it actually looked pretty decent after frosting was applied!  Honestly, it's pretty much all about the taste for me though!  I used this recipe for the cake and my white chocolate, mint buttercream, but feel free to use the frosting in the recipe (I'm not quite ready to begin sharing all my baking secrets, click here to see why).



Linking at a few of these fine places!
    Wordish Wednesday    The Paper Mama    Photography love...
        ShutterLoveTuesdays    Photobucket