Pages

10/6/11

Letting the cat outta the bag

Well, things haven't gotten any easier since my last post.  I'm pretty sure things are crazier than ever!  But here's a few things you should know...

While I haven't managed to get back to exercising (yet, I'm make a promise to myself to make it a priority) and my eating habits aren't always fantastic, I am still losing weight!  I wish I had more recipes to post, cause I've discovered some yummy things, but I don't.  I have subscribed to Cooking Light and Clean Eating.  They both have fantastic websites to grab recipes from!

Ok, now on to what I hinted at in the previous post... We are far enough into the process and feel confident that everything is going to work out, so I'm going to spill!

By the end of the year we'll be homeowners again!  The last time we sat in a closing, signing our hands off was in 2003.  That's a LONG stretch of being renters.  In true "style" of us choosing NOT to do things the easy way, we're not just simply "buying a house".  No, see that would be waaaaaaaaay to simple.  We simply must complicate things... It all starts with this


pardon the neon green phone number blur!!
This, my friends is the 3.71 acre chunk of land we are going to be calling home!!!  It's nestled in the TX Hill Country near Canyon Lake and it's really quite lovely!



 We've got cactus, ground cedar, some oaks and LOTS of rocks.



Standing at the first elevation, straight from the street, this is "the view".  Which will be roughly what I see when I look out the kitchen windows!


Speaking of kitchens and windows, we do not plan on "roughing it" out on the land!  We're having a modular home from Palm Harbor built.  Right now we're waiting for the construction manager to gather up the numbers of just how much it's going to cost to get the land ready for the house.  Then we get a commitment from the loan company, the house gets placed in the build que and they start land prep.  It's going to be quite a process, but it will be SOOOOOOOO worth it in the end!!