Pages

12/6/11

Very Merry

I was having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit.  Things are nuts around here.  We're on our third extension of the land contract.  We're waiting on confirmation of closing, hopefully any day now.  My parents and brother (and fam) were here for Thanksgiving.  We went out to the property to take some family pictures.  I've been procrastinating editing most of them, but loved how this one turned out.  If I had gotten my self together in time to do Christmas cards,  this would have been the photo I chose!



We decided we were actually having Thanksmas instead of Thanksgiving.  We did the turkey dinner and all, but decided to exchange gifts too.   Breaking out the wrapping paper started the shift in my Christmas spirit.  Then I started see all these FANTASTIC things on Pinterest... Things I HAD to do!  So, we got the new tree down I got on clearance last year... It's a little 4ft white tree.  It's soooooo dinky looking, but I think it's cute.  I've been trying to figure out a tree skirt for it because the one I used last year (on our regular tree) is WAY too big.  I'm still working on that...

If you Pin, I'm sure you've seen some things about Elf on the Shelf.  I was intrigued, so I did some research and decided that I wanted to make this a new tradition for us!  Meet Trevor!  He decided roasted marshmallows sounded good for a late night snack, but didn't realize the candle was flameless!