Pages

2/15/11

Come on Spring (and a FREE printable)!

I'm ready for Spring!  We've gotten a few glimpses here in SW Texas.  I long to have the windows open and fresh air throughout the house!

I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to do for decorating my mantel for Spring.  I did decide that I'm going to keep it generically Spring and skip anything that screams Easter.  I was looking for black and white scrapbook paper at the beginning of January (for some cupcake toppers) and came across this in my search and knew instantly I had my color palette!


I'm working on topiaries right now.  I've gotta come up with a few other bits, some kind of banner or garland and a wreath.  I'm kinda thinking nests and maybe a bunny or a chick will make an appearance!

I've become quite obsessed with subway art and decided last week that I wanted to take a bash at doing it myself.  I don't have Photoshop (wish I did!) so I just used the print shop program I have and some fonts I downloaded from dafont.com (a word of warning: if you've never been there before... prepare to get lost in typography wonder!).  I wanted it to be colorful, fun and kinda match my inspiration paper.  So, here's what I came up with.

Feel free to copy and print away!