Pages

8/6/11

Purge

WARNING: I'm going to be all over the place with this post.  I can not guarantee it will make much sense!  I've got a lot to get out!!

Ok, so I haven't fallen off the face of the earth... I've been prepping for vacation, on vacation and trying to recover from vacation.  We drove (yes drove) to FL for a week to spend time with our families.  I rode the whole way with both of the dogs in my lap and didn't have room to keep Betty close by, so I relied on Hipstamatic on my phone for on the road shots.

We lost 3 hours on the way to FL due to rain and bad traffic.

I big puffy heart, big puffy clouds!

Lightning is COOL!  Trying to capture lightning in a moving vehicle, with a cell phone, while 2 dogs are on your lap is not so cool!
Dogs on my lap


I did good taking pics with Betty the first half but failed to take ANY pics the second half of the trip.  I'm pretty sure I'm the worst (wanna be) photographer ever...

My newest nice!  She's a little peanut!
I processed this with PW's Heartland action.
The peanut's big sister.  I love her freckles dearly!
Yep, clouds again!
Even though this is WAY over exposed, there's something about it I just LOVE!  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my children are sitting next to each other and NOT trying to kill each other!



I was pretty much terrified of what being away from home and normal routines was going to do for my eating and exercising.  We packed a cooler full of fruit, lunch meat and cheese for lunches and I stuck with salads when we got dinner.  I tried to make the best choices I could, when I could.  Food turned out to be the easiest part.  There wasn't much exercising happening aside from an afternoon in the pool, walking around Ikea and couple laps with my Mom in her neighborhood.  I decided to chance the scale the Friday before we headed home... I was shocked to look down and see that I had actually lost weight!   As of that weigh in I'm only 4 lbs away from my tattoo!!!!!!  I think I'm getting close to the stack of jeans in the closet that have been collecting dust for a year or so!  I love grabbing a pair that fit fine a few weeks ago only to realize that they are now too big!

I'm struggling with making time for crafting.  REALLY struggling...  Between work and food planning and exercise there just doesn't seem to be time.  My poor Etsy shop hasn't gotten attention in ages.  This is my work table... It's terrifying...


I don't recall the last time I sat down and created.  It's sad, really.  I simply have to make time to get back to it.  I think I've been "working" on an embroidery hoop wall grouping for about 2 months now.  All that's left is simple finishing and hanging, but I just haven't done it.  I've got a MASS of vintage buttons that are begging to be turned into earrings!!  Not to mention the mountains of fabric for flowers and cupcakes and key chains (something new I've not been able to fully develop).  I'M ADDING CRAFT BACK INTO MY LIFE!


What else... Getting ready for school to start.  Kinder for A and 4th grade for M.  These kids seriously need to stop growing up so fast.  I'm on a mission to purge the house of all the excess crap that we have that we don't ever use and don't really need (sometimes run-on sentences are fun).  We're contemplating our next housing move.  All we know for sure is that we are NOT staying in this house or this side of town.  We have until Spring 2012 to get all our ducks in a row.

I think that's quite enough for one post.  I'm still (ugh, still) working on a post of some of my favorite new recipes.  Hopefully that's coming sooner or later...